Sunday, August 13, 2006

To Begin With...

I was shocked to find out recently that an entire subculture exists that is "devoted" to "finding out the truth" about the 9/11 tragedies. Shocked, firstly, because the truth was quickly discovered after 9/11 and the primary perpetrator, Osama bin Laden, has both admitted and boasted that his al Qaeda terrorist gang did it. Shocked, secondly, because it appears that these "9/11 deniers" have been in business since almost the instant that the first tower collapsed. And shocked, finally, that these Conspiracy Theorists have been gaining ground in public opinion, primarily due to the massive proliferation of Internet websites devoted to propagating this mis-information.

Fortunately, there are many sources of factual information on the Internet that debunk these "9/11 myths". My goal in starting this blog is not to "recreate the wheel" in debunking the various conspiracy theories. Instead, in my own small way, I simply intend to methodically work my way through these myths one by one, using links to many other sites, to show how they are refuted and dismissed.

I fully expect that once the major "9/11 denier" sites and folks "get wind" of what I am doing that I'll be subjected to vociferous negative criticism and condescending insults. I have been a frequent participant on the new Netscape news forums on articles about 9/11 subjects and have been insulted again and again. I have been declared a "paid disinformation agent" or "government shill" many times over. So, I know what to expect, but I won't be dissuaded from pursuing the thorough debunking of these myths and conspiracy theories.

And so, with this initial post, I'm off! I look forward to your comments. For the "9/11 deniers", I hope you will appreciate the facts and the truths that you will see here. Thanks!

Comments:
drobarts-
and mp

found this in a article(entertainment)he Ohio University poll provides one clue. It found that the people who were most likely to believe in the 9/11 conspiracies were those who "regularly use the internet but who do not regularly use ''mainstream" media". Alone in a darkened room with paranoid cyber-friends as your only company, you can easily begin to entertain all sorts of bizarre notions, especially when trying to make sense of an event as grotesque as the collapse of two skyscrapers.
 
I found this area by accident September 18th... looked at the pictures... got overwhelmed with all the fifth anniversary stuff on tv I, as a disaabled Viet (era) vet, couldn't take any more... had to physically leave the house three times to avoid mental distress.. I can vieew the pictures now without all the reminders. My war, by the way, was the 1973 Arab-Israeli crisis as a back end elint crew member on an EC121M "spy plane" making sure that no hostile aircraft interfered with our resupplying of Israel.
 
Just FYI, the Bin Laden did it story is a conspiracy theory.

Too bad the FBI doesn't buy into it.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten/fugitives/laden.htm

Maybe you should give them a call with all your 'evidence'.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?